Monday, November 22, 2010

Want to Look Younger? Heidi Klum Says Gain Weight!

Want to Look Younger? Heidi Klum Says Gain Weight!

Heidi Klum is offering up sage words of advice about work, life and beauty -- and her anti-aging tip is one we can all get behind!

The Project Runway host, who graces the cover of SELF magazine, says that if you don't want to look old, you should avoid being too skinny. The 37-year-old wife of Seal and mother of four (Leni, Henry, Johan, and Lou) also offers words of wisdom on everything from staying fit to getting a hectic life in order.

On anti-aging skin secrets: "The ultimate beauty secret for a woman getting older is, Don't be too thin! When you are just muscle, you end up being gaunt in the face, and that makes you look older by 5 or 10 years. I don't think of getting older as looking better or worse; it's just different," she says. "You change, and that's OK. Life is about change." 

On how to look fresh-faced:. "Sleep! I get up at 5:30, so I'm exhausted early. I go to bed at 8:30 most nights." In addition to plenty of sleep, Klum also credits spray tans for her youthful glow. "I like how it looks, but sometimes I leave gold shimmery marks all over!"

On exercise: "I don't love running, but I do like to see everything getting tighter and toned," she admits. Still, she found an unexpected workout routine for herself. "One of the best parts about season eight of Project Runway being taped in New York City was that I went running every morning. I had a watch that counts the miles and the little thing you put on your shoe that measures each step. Over seven weeks, I ran 120 miles!" 

On being organized: "I'm a big believer in to-do lists. I think of five things in the shower. I set goals and get my work done, but I have to plan for fun things, too," she says. "I'm always thinking about what will make my family happier. So I set up play dates and trips. I'm planning for a safari we can all go on together. What can I do with my husband? Can we steal away to Vegas for the weekend? You shouldn't wait for other people to make special things happen. You have to create your own memories."

On making bold fashion choices: "If you find something you absolutely love, even if it's crazy, go for it! You have to forget about what others say. Personally, I don't love to blend in. People think it's cocky when I say it, which I laugh about, but I want to make statements. I don't like to be a quiet, gray mouse. I love to play around with color and gigantic earrings and short, sexy dresses!"

Which of Heidi Klum's tips will you use? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/want-look-younger-heidi-klum-says-gain-weight/1-a-300231

Michelle Malkin Michelle Obama Michelle Rodriguez Michelle Trachtenberg Mila Kunis

No comments:

Post a Comment